Luxembourg: Global Fashion Group (GFG), the leading online fashion & lifestyle destination in growth markets, announces its latest sustainable shopping edit: Earth Edit in Southeast Asia. It curates products with sustainability credentials and is available on ZALORA’s website and app via the Earth Edit filter. The selection is also easily identified by six distinct criteria:
- Sustainable Materials: Products made of raw materials with a lower environmental impact than conventional alternatives
- Fair Production: Products manufactured in a location holding a certificate associated with decent working conditions
- Eco-Production: Products manufactured through a process with a lower environmental impact and using less harmful chemicals
- Animal Friendly: Products made using non-animal alternative materials, or methods associated with good animal welfare
- Community Engagement: Products made by brands associated with community benefits or committed to give back to the community through donations
- Pre-Loved: Second hand luxury & premium products that are sold by specialised third party sellers on ZALORA
GFG launched its first sustainable shopping edit in Australia in early 2019. By the end of 2021, a sustainable shopping edit will be available in every GFG region.
Jaana Quaintance-Jones, Chief Sustainability Officer, GFG said: “We’re very proud to introduce this new way for customers to shop by their sustainability values in yet another one of GFG’s markets. Now live across our Asia Pacific region, this is part of our ongoing commitment to launching sustainable shopping edits across 100% of GFG’s operating regions for all of our over 14 million Active Customers. GFG is in a very unique position to help educate a huge part of the world’s population on what shopping sustainably means, and driving a more holistic and comprehensive approach to sustainability across the Group is a priority for us.”
The introduction of GFG’s sustainable shopping edit in Southeast Asia follows the launch of a partnership with a leading global community-driven platform for desirable pre-owned fashion, and the roll out of 100% recyclable delivery satchels in Australia and New Zealand. These efforts are part of GFG’s Sustainability Strategy and 2022 commitments, which can be read in full detail at www.global-fashion-group.com/sustainability .
About Global Fashion Group
Global Fashion Group (GFG) is the leading fashion and lifestyle retail destination in LatAm, CIS, SEA and ANZ. We connect over 10,000 global, local and own brands to a market of more than one billion consumers through four established ecommerce platforms: dafiti, lamoda, ZALORA and THE ICONIC. Through an inspiring and seamless customer experience enabled by our own technology ecosystem and operational infrastructure, we are dedicated to being the #1 fashion and lifestyle destination in our markets. With 17 offices and 10 fulfilment centres across four continents, GFG proudly employs a dynamic and diverse team with deep local knowledge and expertise. In the twelve months to 30 June 2020, GFG delivered over 36.8 million orders to 14.6 million Active Customers. (ISIN: LU2010095458.)
For more information visit: www.global-fashion-group.com